Reduce your household energy costs
It is possible to save energy and reduce your household energy costs by making some small changes to your behaviour at home. You can find out more about the support on offer to help you to do this and see our list of low cost and no cost tips on our energy saving tips page.
Heating and powering buildings causes 90% of carbon dioxide emissions in Camden and homes account for 26% of all borough wide direct carbon emissions. Improving the energy efficiency of your home will save energy, reduce your environmental impact, and save you money on your energy bills.
There are a range of grants available to make improving the energy efficiency of your home easier and more affordable. This includes the Green Homes Grant, Camden’s Housing Renewal Assistance Policy and the Camden Climate Fund.
High energy prices means that 10% of Camden residents cannot afford to heat their homes to an adequate temperature. If you are struggling to pay your energy bills, call the Green Camden Helpline for free. You’ll receive advice and tips to help you keep well and warm in your home. Our friendly advisors can check eligibility for any grants, services, or discounts on your utility bills. They can also give advice on what to do if you are in fuel debt.
More actions, initiatives and information
- Visit the Energy Saving Trust for practical advice on how to reduce energy use at home
Energy Saving Trust
- Improve your home's insulation or consider a comprehensive energy efficiency retrofit of your home with the support of ECOFurb's Low Carbon Homes Service
ECOFurb - Low Carbon Homes Service
- Apply to the Camden Climate Fund to help meet the costs of insulating your home or installing low carbon heating
Camden Climate Fund
- Replace your gas heating system with an electric air source heat pump – this requires investment, but will be a significant step to a ‘net-zero’ home
Air source heat pump - Guidance
- Apply for the Government's upcoming Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) and receive up to £5,000 to install a heat pump (applications open April 2022)
Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grant