St Dominic's Catholic Primary School - consultation
Joint statement from the Diocese of Westminster and Camden Council
The Governing Body of St Dominic’s Catholic Primary School has decided to launch a consultation, starting on 12 October and running until 30 November 2022, into whether the school should close. If the proposal went ahead, all pupils would be offered places at alternative local schools – including local Catholic primary schools.
The Governors’ decision to consult on closing the school has primarily been made because the number of primary school-age pupils locally - and across London - has significantly reduced. Despite the steps taken by school governors and leadership of St Dominic’s to actively market the school to increase enrolment, the pupil roll has been below 50% and falling over the past three years, adding significant financial pressure on the school.
Have your say before 30 November
- Download and read the consultation document here
- EASY-READ version of the consultation
- Read the school governors' FAQs for parents and carers (Part One) in response to questions and comments so far - 19/10/22
- Read the school governors' FAQs for parents and carers (Part Two) in response to questions and comments so far - 01/11/22
- Email your responses to the questions and any other comments you may have to [email protected]