If you want to run a mobile takeaway or snack bar, you may need to get planning permission first.

The information below will:

  • help you find out if planning permission is needed
  • tell you what type of application you need to submit
  • state what supporting documents you need to supply with it.

Disclaimer: please note our aim is to give a starting guide with the information below. It should therefore not be taken as binding. If you are in any doubt contact planning advice and information to make sure that you have understood fully.

Do I need to apply for planning permission?

You will need to apply for full planning permission to run a mobile takeaway or snack bar if:

  • it will be operating in the same place for more than 28 days in any one calendar year
  • it will be operating inside a property or the grounds of a property.

Where planning permission is needed, the following supporting documents must be sent along with your planning application. These are known as “requirements”: