Keep active with a health condition
You can find information on local activities, including activities tailored for people living with a variety of health conditions, by visiting our Ways to Move More in Camden page. For advice, information and resources on getting active with a range of different health conditions you can also visitWe Are Undefeatable.
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapist have a range of resources for those living with long-term health conditions including a downloadable PDF that shares tips and advice.
- EXi is an evidence-based programme that provides a personalised 12 week exercise plan based on your activity levels and health conditions. Suitable for people new to exercise or those living with a long term health condition. This is a free service available on their website and also downloadable via the App Store or Google Play.
- Stronger My Way provides a variety of resources and advice on how you can build strength in a safe and progressive way with a long-term health condition.
If you have a specific health condition the below resources share further detailed advice and information on how to live with the following health conditions:
Arthritis / Muscular Pain
- Versus Arthritis provide information on top tips and specific exercises for those with arthritis
- Take part in a 12 week programme of 30 minute movement sessions with Lets Move with Leon provided by Versus Arthritis
- Connect Health Facebook Page provides a range of live and recorded videos for managing muscular pain whilst exercising.
- Cancer Research have provided cancer patients with guidelines for exercising.
- Macmillan SafeFit is a free remote service for anyone in the UK with suspicion of or confirmed diagnosis of cancer. Safefit put you in contact with a cancer exercise specialist.
- British Lung Foundation offer online exercise videos to help those with a lung condition stay active and stay well.
- Kidney Care UK offer inspirational exercise videos to encourage you to get up and moving with a kidney disease.
- Beam provide live and pre-recorded online classes from renal physiotherapist for those living with kidney disease.
- Diabetes UK offer guides to managing your diabetes through exercise and physical activity as well as a live chat service to support those with diabetes to become more active.
- Mental Health Camden provide a collection of digital resources.
- MIND provide practical tips and advice for those living with a mental health condition. For local activities and information visit MIND in Camden.
- LEGS (Local Exercise Groups for Stroke and Neurological Conditions) provides supported exercise groups led by physiotherapist for people who have had a stroke
- Stroke Association provide resources on how to get moving after a stroke.
- Different Strokes offer local support groups and online exercise classes for those who have suffered from a stroke.
Reach Your Peak is an online physio led for people with mild Parkinson's
- British Heart Foundation offers advice and information on staying active with a heart condition.
If you would like to speak to someone about local activities in Camden. You can call the Community Links Health Advocates on 0800 193 6067.
If you have an underlying health condition you can speak to your local GP about the Camden Get Active service who offer one to one advice on how to become more active.