Free online reading and reference information
There is a wide variety of free online reading available if you have a Camden library membership.
If you don't have a library membership, you can join today:
When you complete the joining form you will receive a temporary membership ID, starting with the prefix CAM. To access our digital library, you need to come in to one of our libraries with photo ID and proof of address (or two forms of proof of address if you don't have photo ID) to confirm your membership and get your library card.
e-Books, e-Audio, e-Newspapers and e-Magazines
- New BorrowBox - borrow, download and enjoy the latest e-audiobooks with the BorrowBox library app
- Libby (Overdrive) - e-books, e-audiobooks, magazines and comics
- PressReader - a huge range of UK and international newspapers and magazines
Mobile apps are available. Registration may be required.
Online reference databases
Camden Library Services subscribes to a number of online reference resources not otherwise available on the free web. You can access these with your Camden libraries membership number.
Access our: Online reference resources
These include Ancestry, Oxford dictionaries and reference, Who's Who, newspaper archives and more.
- New, improved and expanded Newsbank - search current and archived UK newspapers, with full-colour page reproductions (recent editions), full-text articles and content only published online. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
- New The London Times Collection (via Newsbank) - full text of The Times, The Sunday Times and content only published online from 1985 onwards. Full-colour page reproductions from 2020 onwards.