Who should apply for a busking licence?
You only need to apply for a busking licence if you:
- use amplifiers
- play drums or wind instruments - apart from flutes and recorders
- use dangerous equipment - for example juggling with fire or knifes
- perform outside the hours of 10am to 9pm
- perform in a group of 3 or more
All street activities (licensed and unlicensed) are regulated by our Street Entertainment Policy.
You can busk anywhere in Camden except certain crowded places such as outside the entrance to Camden Town Tube Station, or where busking will cause a nuisance or have a negative impact on local citizens.
Please note that you might be asked to change location by a member of our team if you are causing a nuisance to residents.
If you want to busk on London Underground, contact TFL’s busking scheme.
Apply for a licence
A busking licence is valid for 24 months.
- costs £150 (£75 per year)
- takes at least 20 days to be approved
Before you start
You will need:
- to upload a recent passport style photo
- the street name and location on the street where you want to busk
- a debit or credit card
What happens after you apply
We will check your application and contact you if we need more information. If your application is rejected, we will tell you why.
If your application is approved, we will send you your licence. We will also send you your licence conditions, such as where you can busk.
Once you receive your licence, you can start busking. You must display your licence at all times when performing.