On this page:
A trade permit is intended to be used by builders, trades and other service providers who require on-street parking when working for a local resident or business. Anyone can apply.
The trade permit can:
- be issued for periods of 1 to 40 days
- is non-refundable
- does not guarantee a parking space
- only valid for one vehicle and is not transferable
Read the terms and conditions before applying and using the trade permit.
Where can I park with a trade permit
Resident permit bays
You can park in a resident permit bay from the start of controlled hours to 5.30pm or the end of controlled hours, whichever is earlier. The timeplate will include “Resident permit holders” or “Permit holders” and the mark CA- with the Control Parking Zone letter, also known as a CPZ. The CPZ is determined from the Camden address provided in the application.
Yellow lines: single yellow lines (or in Hampstead CA-H zone, double yellow lines up to 8pm). In the CPZ determined from the Camden address provided.
You cannot park:
- in paid for parking bays
- where a loading ban is in force, indicated by single or double kerb markings
- adjacent to a dropped kerb or raised highway such as a pedestrian crossing or vehicle crossover
- in a location with a “no-stopping” restriction zig-zag or box commonly outside schools
- within five metres of a junction or in a manner obstructing traffic
- on a red route
- in a housing estate
- in a suspended bay
How much does it cost?
A trade permit is £43.31 per day and is non-refundable.
Apply for a trade permit
You will need to log in or a create a resident account if applying as an individual or business account for businesses.
Weddings and funerals
Enhanced trade permits are available free of charge for up to 5 vehicles for a wedding and up to 10 vehicles when needed for a funeral. This permit is only issued for funeral services and not a wake.
You will need:
- copy of the Death Certificate/wedding invitation or venue details
- your address and contact details
- the location or street name of where you wish to park
- vehicles registration numbers
- a start and end time between 8:30am and 5:30pm
How do I apply
Apply by calling our Contact Camden team on 020 7974 4444
Market trader parking permit
A market trader permit entitles you to park your vehicle in any nearby bay marked as ’Permit holders only MKT’ or ‘Permit holders only’ with identifier number prefixed with ‘T’.
Who can apply
You can only apply for a market traders permit if you are a holder of Camden’s full street trading licence. One permit is available per licence for a duration of 6 or 12 months.
The permit is valid for:
- parking in market trader bays during the operational hours of the market
- for periods that the licensee is actively trading
- goods vehicles that weigh less than 7.5 tonnes and carry no more than 9 people
- passenger vehicles that carry no more than 13 people, not valid for trailers or motorcycles
The permit is not valid for:
- using a vehicle solely for storage
- parking bay or the vehicle using the parking bay for the sale of goods, skills in handicraft or services
If found to be using a permit for any of these examples or as a business no longer trading, the permit may be withdrawn. For further information on this and where to park please see our terms and conditions for parking permits.
Apply for a market traders permit
To apply you will need to log in or create a business account.
Apply for a market trader permit
Other parking bays
We offer a range of other options related to parking bays: