Coronavirus (COVID-19) Licensing update
Due to the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, the licensing service will not currently be accepting postal applications.
All applications should be made online, where they shall be processed according to the relevant legislation.
Any queries in relation to this should be directed to the Licensing Team on 020 7974 4444.
Camden Council offer a pre-application advice service to support applicants who are considering making an application for a licence. This service is currently available to those making an application under the following licensing regimes:
- Licensing Act 2003
- Gambling Act 2005
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982
- London Local Authorities Act 1991
- Animal Welfare Regulations 2018
The pre-application advice is designed to support applicants in understanding:
- that the right type of licence is being applied for
- the application form has been completed correctly
- what policies may be applied to an application and why
- the needs of the local area where the proposed premises is situated
- any specific measures that may need to be considered when submitting an application
- if specialist input may be required, for example an acoustician, a security specialist
Categories of advice
Please consider each category to determine which option will be most suitable for your application.
Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer and telephone discussion with applicant.
Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer, telephone discussion and site visit.
Large scale premises and development areas. Application and supporting documentation considered by relevant officer, discussions with applicant and two site visits.
All applicants will receive a written report setting out the advice of the officer and detailing their recommendations.
Make an application
The pre-application advice service does not guarantee that your application will be granted. All applications will still be required to undergo the statutory public consultation periods as defined under the relevant legislation.
Once you have decided which category of advice is right for you, please complete the Application Form (PDF) providing as much detail as possible and make payment. You will need to submit your application via email to [email protected]
If you have any queries with regards to the pre-application service please contact our Licensing Team on [email protected]