Are you aged 60 plus and thinking about moving to a smaller home?
There are lots of benefits of moving to a smaller property, including lower heat and utility bills and living in a home that is accessible and suitable for your needs as you get older. We have a dedicated Under-Occupancy team who can support you through the whole process.
The team can help by:
- meeting with you to give advice on all the different housing options
- assisting you with the completion of relevant applications
- referring you to other services if required
- identifying suitable properties on your behalf
- accompanying you to viewings
- arranging a survey for removals and a quote for carpets
- processing the Tenants Option Fund
The Tenant’s Option Fund offers a lump sum to council tenants who downsize and the money can be used however you would like.
If you require information about downsizing payments, visit our financial help for downsizing your home webpage
For further details or to arrange an appointment to meet the Under-Occupancy Advisers,
please contact Amran Ahmed on 020 7974 2432 or Christopher Brown on 020 7974 2431.