Camden Black History Walks
Join Shirley Fortune, a qualified Camden guide leading a walk on Camden’s Black History from a different angle.
Bloomsbury is now the medical and educational centre of London, famous for its charming garden squares and elegant Georgian houses. But there is also an African/Caribbean history here with 'black fingerprints' running through its heart - if you know where to look!
On this tour we hear about:
- The railway worker who overturned a whites-only recruitment policy
- One of the first Black women in higher education
- The first known Black British editor
- One of the UK's first civil rights group
- Pride and Prejudice within the British Museum
Walks are scheduled for Thursday 19 October at 2pm, and for Sunday 5 November at 12pm. Walks last around 2 hours.
Please meet outside Marks & Spencer, Euston Station.