Our consultations for Camden Is
We began our consultation for our brand new Cultural Frame work in March 2017. Through that process we had conversations with with local cultural institutions, community groups and leaders in the creative sector. We have continued these conversations and fed them directly into our London Borough of Culture bid. This enabled us to make a more community led consultation process.
This has included:
- Two public Ideas Generation sessions that over 130 people attended, the second event at which community leaders were invited to create their own 'Camden Is' tote bags on site with artist Mel Tomlinson.
- We have engaged with approximately 300 people on the street's of Camden and on our estates, either via our Camden is campaign photographer, Simon Waller, or through our workshops hosted by Parrabola. We will continue these conversations every day via our partner organisations and Cultural Ambassadors.
- Linking in with our Cultural Framework consultations we have had one-to-ones with key cultural stakeholders and potential partners who have hosted internal sessions to hear how the Council uses culture in delivering of our services.
- Ignition at CSM: Across five groups, more than 80 local residents, business workers and community group members took part in ceramic workshops hosted by Central Saint Martins between May and June 2017. Read the full blog here!
- When we launched our first 'What is Camden' video we reached over 400 people on the first day and this has been increasing ever since
- We have had fantastic support from partner organisations online through our Camden Is...Places campaign. In particular, the British Museum's twitter post about #CamdenIs earned over 24.000 impressions and made up just one of our 52 key cultural organisations and spaces in Camden. Find out more about campaign here.
- We have several people come forward expressing their interest to become London Borough of Culture Ambassadors should we win the bid and also to help promote our Cultural Framework.
- We've had the support o a very active Advisory Group made up of key organisations in the Borough and independent creative practitioners.
- We launched our second video 'Camden is culture with every step' to coincide with our bid submission and catch the ambition of Camden's cultural spaces and its animators, which you can see here!
- And have you seen our bus stop poster campaign?