Whitfield Gardens was once the site of the Whitfield's half-acre Burial Ground and before that a large pond called The Little Sea. The London County Council acquired the site in 1894 and in 1895 opened it as a public space to sit back from the frantic tempo of the busy shops of Tottenham Court Rd.
The location is a paved square with shrubbery and benches that has become a popular lunch spot. Previous events hosted in this location include brand promotions, flash mobs, sampling, leafleting activities and a Fitzrovia food festival.
- Brand promotion
- Pop ups
- Outside Space
- No public toilets on this site
Tube : Goodge Street
Bus : 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390